The biggest events of day six are the Tracking Paper is due at 11:55 pm., after which the 15 hour Semester Break begins. Having submitted my paper with a measly hour to spare, I reflect on the rest of the day.
The lecture this morning covered scholarly publishing and communication issues. This is an area that I have not experienced much in my life. It is about to become much more significant to me than it has been. Like everything else in our lives, scholarly works are impacted by technological and economic changes and advances that apply pressure on the way things have always been done and leave traditionalists questioning the value of the new way.
We need traditionalists to question. They are our safeguard to make certain we don't throw out the good and valuable principles that have developed through experience over a long period of time. We also need innovators, who envision how it could be better. Working together, traditionalists and innovators bring improvements that make lives better and fuller. Technological advances usually save time and money, which enhances productivity and at the same time, convenience.
There is more to be said on this, but I will save it for one of my assigned papers yet to be writtten after the break. Today, I managed to get a photo of the back of the class during the lecture.
Fun, fun -- enjoy the break (or is it over already?)!
ReplyDeleteHalfway there... and then, back home for more schoolin'